When I woke up this morning I was thinking about possible items to bake for a fair stall I am thinking of doing in the near future, and flapjacks came to mind as something easy, cheap but delicious and so I made these this morning.
80 g Brown Sugar
40g Unsalted Butter
Pinch of Salt
1 Medium Banana, mashed
3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1. Melt the Butter and Margarine
2. Add Sugar and Syrup and keep on heat until mixture is liquid (not long a minute or two), make sure you keep the heat low enough not to burn the butter
3. Add the oats and a pinch of salt, mix to combine
4. Mix the mashed banana into the oats making sure that its well combined
5. Add the mixture to a foil lined pan and bake for 15 minutes until the edges turn a darker brown.
I washed up whilst they were in the oven but got a nice burn on my arm when I took them out.
Whilst these were very nice I wasn’t the biggest fan of the added banana but then i do prefer a really simple flapjack. I want to play around with this recipe. Ill be making it with just butter mixing less to create a more crumbly texture. I might also melt the butter separately in the microwave and add this to a slightly caramelised sugar mixture to get more flavour. I would also experiment with different sugars and different oats