Recipe from Seriouseats.com
I know this is supposed to be a baking blog but man cant live on baked goods alone, no matter how hard I try! After seeing this dish in numerous places online I decided to give it a go. Gai Pad Grappow is basically minced chicken with green beans chili garlic and fish sauce. Its a very simple dish to make but there are few things you will need to juggle in order to serve everything warm, especially if serving with the egg.
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Chilies Finely Chopped (2-3 Serrano for a mild kick or 2-3 Birds Eye for some serious heat)
1 Large Shallot Diced
3 Cloves Garlic Minced
150g Green Beans, trimmed + chopped into 1 1/4 inch pieces
225g Minced Chicken (I used Turkey)
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Teaspoons Sugar
1 Bunch Basil, Leaves only
Fried Rice, Optional
1. Heat the oil over high in a wok or large frying pan. When you can see waves forming in the hot oil, add chilis, shallots, and garlic and stir-fry until golden, around 30 seconds.
2. Add the Green Beans and cook 3-4 minutes until cooked but still crunchy.
3. Add the Chicken and using a wooden spatula break it up into little pieces and cook through
4. Add the fish sauce and sugar and stir to distribute. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and add the Basil and cook till wilted to almost nothing, remove from the heat.
6. Serve with Boiled Rice and a Fried Egg